Title of post: Administrator/Building Manager
Hours: 18 hours per week (35 hours full time).
Preferred hours: 9.30-4.00pm over 3 days between Monday and Thursday.
Salary: Starting salary scale 5 pt 23 £21,693 pro rata NJC scale
Reporting to: Director and Board of Trustees
Artlink West Yorkshire is a small charity which provides high quality imaginative arts projects to enhance wellbeing and creative opportunities for disadvantaged members of the community.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
Providing a focus for internal and external communication, including dealing with enquiries and passing on information to relevant member of staff.
Opening and distributing post and emails.
Liaison with Artlink’s external contacts including funding bodies, clients and partners as necessary.
Management of print production.
Maintaining all office systems and creating new systems as necessary, especially backup filing both on paper and digital.
Management of physical resources e.g. premises and office equipment, cleaning & office supplies.
Creating quarterly newsletter in mailchimp, plus social media posting.
Servicing Board/other committee meetings, in consultation with the Director and Chair of the Board.
Building management – including repairs, insurance and general maintenance of the building.
Dealing with external people such as cleaners, maintenance, gardeners etc.
Implementing Artlink’s equal opportunities policy and ensuring that it informs all of Artlink’s work.
Assisting with the implementation of policies, such as Health and Safety, Environmental and GDPR.
Event support; including mailings, taking bookings and buying refreshments.
Supporting database maintenance.
Assist with the preparation of project budgets and funding applications.
Assist in the compilation of statistics and reports on Artlink’s work.
Contribute to the overall programmes of work as part of a team. Work flexibly and co-operatively within the staff team.
Other duties as required in line with the title and scale of the post as agreed with the Director.
Maintenance of computerised accounts systems, in conjunction with the Project Manager, currently using Sage.
Processing of invoices, expenses and pay claim forms.
- At least 4 years experience of working in an administrative role
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- High level IT skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Experience of using accountancy packages, currently Sage
- Budgeting skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Conscientious and motivated
- Able to work on own and as part of a team
- Uses own initiative
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the work of Artlink West Yorkshire
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and GDPR legislation.
- Knowledge/experience of the voluntary sector.
- Knowledge/experience of the arts sector and funding streams.
- Links to local community and building contractors.
- Sensitivity to mental health issues.
- Able to use both PC and Mac computers.
Please apply by letter responding to all criteria, and include a full CV, to Sylvie Fourcin, Artlink West Yorkshire, 191 Belle Vue Rd, Leeds, LS3 1HG or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Fri 3rd August 2018
Interview date: 29th August 2018